Tweet Tweeting on Twitter

Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Character is revealed not Built"

Former great UCLA basketball coach had a saying, "Character is revealed not built." I would like to add to that "It is revealed in the most trying times".

I respect Riggs a great deal more then I did before because of the situation with Nyjer Morgan. I saw great character from the Nats' manager. The first reaction was to pull Morgan from the game after his mistake on Adam Jones' inside the park homer. But Riggs thought it through and through. It was not a hasty decision. You cannot be rational when you are emotional. He showed character of a leader and believed in his belief. Morgan's mistake was hideous, but not malicious. Riggs stood by his man and his team stood by him.

We also saw the character of a team yesterday by bonding and supporting Morgan instead of being divided. I believe that will serve the team tenfold in the future.

Thank you Riggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment